Deverell Hall is fitted with closed circuit television (CCTV). The purpose of the CCTV System is for the security of the premises, the prevention, detection and investigation of criminal activity, trespass and vandalism and the safety of all persons using our building, including children, staff and visitors to the building, nursery groups or any other group/hall user who has permission to on the premises.
This is an internal system which is not shared online. Deverell Hall are fully committed to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our Policy will:
1. Inform all who come into the building that CCTV is in use, by way of signs and window stickers;
2. Keep images from CCTV secure and controlled by authorised personnel;
3. Our CCTV system and equipment will be maintained and kept in good working order;
4. Comply with the ‘Freedom of Information Act 2000’.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) our Data Controller is:
Name: Mr Douglas McPhail
Phone: 0330 223 2953
Email: SEND EMAIL
2. About the System
1. The CCTV System in place does not have sound recording capability;
2. The CCTV is not monitored centrally, but can be accessed by authorised personnel if an issue has occurred which needs investigating;
3. All cameras are static cameras and have been sited so they only capture images relevant to the purposes for which they have been installed, and care will be taken to ensure that reasonable privacy expectations are not violated;
4. All members of preschool and nursery staff have access to details of where the CCTV cameras are situated;
5. Images that are recorded will be stored in a secure location and can only be accessed by those authorised to do so. Currently there is no facility for Remote Access viewing;
6. Within the purpose of the CCTV system such images may be shared with the Police if deemed necessary by the Trustees of Deverell Hall, or the Preschool Manager;
7. The images will be digitally recorded on a rolling programme of 28 days. Unless required for evidence purpose, this retention will automatically overwrite the oldest images;
8. All staff are aware that they could be committing a criminal offence if they misuse the CCTV system and CCTV images.
3. Subject Access Requests
1. Individuals have the right to request access to CCTV footage relating to themselves under the Data Protection Act;
2. All requests should be made in writing to the Secretary for Deverell Hall;
3. Individuals submitting requests for access will be asked to provide sufficient information to enable the footage relating to them to be identified, for example date, time, location, photo evidence of who they are, and a valid reason for wishing to have access to the footage;
4. Deverell Hall will respond to requests within 28 calendar days of receiving the written request and fee;
5. A fee of £20 will be charged per request;
6. The person or persons requesting the footage are required to supply their own USB Stick for the data to be put onto it;
7. Deverell Hall reserves the right to refuse access to CCTV footage where this would prejudice the legal rights of other individuals or jeopardise an on-going investigation.
4. Access to and Disclosure of Images to Third Parties
1. There will be no disclosure of recorded data to third parties other than to authorised personnel such as the Police and service providers to the Deverell Hall where these would
reasonably need access to the data;
2. The data may be used within the Deverell Hall's discipline and grievance procedures as required, and will be subject to the usual confidentiality requirements of those procedures. Any complaints and enquiries about the operation of CCTV within the Deverell Hall should be directed to the Bookings Secretary in the first instance.
5. Variation or Changes to this policy
Deverell Hall reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of these 'Terms and Conditions' at any time, and without notice. Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid, and the revised terms and conditions will be considered to be in effect from the date of publication of the revision made on this page, or within the website.
We may also notify you of any changes by email.
Please check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the current terms and conditions of our CCTV Policy.
6. Change of Assignment
We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may NOT transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone else.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
8. The entire agreement
9. Applicable Law and Dispute
This Agreement and all matters arising from it are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement and the place of performance of this Agreement is agreed by you to be England.
10. Our business details
Our contact and business details can be found on the Contact Options Page.